Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Developement of my Website

I have to say that my fear of creating and completing a website was defiantly abolished after I figured out how to work all of the particular tools that Google sites had to offer. Navigation through the website editing option was particularly very user friendly as I was able to easily pick and idea of what type of background would be applied. I was unsure of how to insert images and text without erasing it every time I leave a page so I backed up all of my writings by using Microsoft word. At first when I took a look at the requirements of what was needed for the website I noticed that we had to insert at least 1000 words in the site. At first I thought that this was a little too much to try to express my ideas, but as I started writing a became so interested in the subject of Geronimo that I soon became addicted to writing as much as I could to fulfill the history of his presence. Forgetting about the type of content to place into the site was a problem that I had ran into two weeks before the site was due. I guess starting earlier on the site gave me the opportunity to manipulate and add to the content that was previously placed into it so that I could increase accuracy as far as what rules to follow.
The pictures that were chosen for the site were carefully selected to display the seriousness of Geronimo character, since he was known to be one the most fierce Apache warriors of the western frontier. A black an white photo of Sherman Alexie was selected as well, which displayed him wearing his hair long and straight displaying his Native American decant in a fashionable and effective way. A “YouTube” clip was added as well that focused on the history of Geronimo and the Apache Indians so that visitors could have a slight break in monotony of not having to read all of the information pertaining to the focus of the website.
If I could change anything about the site it would be the ability to have more option when selecting a theme to the site. Though I am ok with the site itself as a whole, being able to change the background color to what ever I desired in a more user friendly way would be about the only option that I would change If I had created the Google Sites editing options. Again I feel as though a lot of hard work and effort went into this site to make sure that every aspect as far as giving visitors insight of who Geronimo was and what he accomplished in an easy and understandable way. I have to also remember the fact that this is my first Website that I had created and finished in a fairly short time period so perfection can not be expected as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment